Estate Planning in Henderson, NV
Start Planning For Your Family’s Future
In the event that something bad happens to you, you need to make sure your loved ones are prepare and protected. If you don't have a clear estate plan in place in the event of your death or incapacity, your assets, medical care, financial and other personal matters could be administered in a manner not according to your wishes. At Goulet Law, PLLC, attorney Goulet helps clients draft their wills, set up trusts and prepare powers of attorney to protect their assets and determine important medical decisions. Goulet Law, PLLC also prepares short term and long term care guardian nominations for children in the event the parents are unable to care for them. Learn how you can set your loved ones up for success in Henderson, NV by planning your estate as soon as possible.
3 REASONS TO DRAFT YOUR WILL ASAP
You may think it’s morbid to write your will while you’re still young and healthy, but that’s far from the truth. Here are three reasons to draft your will sooner rather than later:
- Without a will, your assets aren't yours to distribute. They could go to memebers of your family who you would rather not inherit your wealth.
- You can determine who will take care of your children if you pass away while they are still minors. You can leave money or other assets to them no matter their ages.
- You can avoid having unaccounted-for assets go to the state as unclaimed property.
Call and set up a meeting with attorney Goulet in Henderson, NV to go over your estate plan.
3 Reasons To Create A Revocable Living Trust
Oftentimes, it may be appropriate to create a trust to hold your assets during your life, to be distributed according to your wishes at death. The trust is revocable during life, meaning you can change it at any time so long as you are capable.
- You may be able to avoid the probate process altogether, leaving distribution of your estate out of the public court system and saving your loved ones time and money.
- You can customize your plan for distribution of assets in precisely the manner you wish. The level of detail depends entirely on your goals.
- With appropriate planning, you may be able to minimize or eliminate hefty estate taxes.
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||9:00am - 5:00pm|